As you may know, my main focus in programming based on databases such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, etc. and it’s about 3 years I’m in depth to Microsoft SQL Server.
When I started working with SQL Server 2008, I realized it has a lot of bugs and I stopped working on my new SQL Server 2008-based project until Microsoft released a Cumulative update package for SQL Server 2008 that has solved lots of bugs and more. So I continued my work on my SQL Server 2008 project. The problem was that, I’ve done a lot of projects based on SQL Server 2005 and cannot upgrade them to 2008 because of customer’s situation.
Recently, Microsoft released SP3 of SQL Server 2005 and now it’s ready to download.
SQL Server 2005 SP3 is now available for download and includes the following updates:
- Roll-up of Quick Fix Engineering (QFE) updates completed since SQL Server 2005 SP2, as well as fixes to critical issues reported through the SQL Server community. Per revised servicing strategy for SQL Server releases, SP3 does not introduce major new features.
- Feature Pack for SQL Server 2005 SP3 has been refreshed along with this release.
- SP3 can be used to upgrade from any previous instance of SQL Server 2005
- SP3 applies to:
- SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
- SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Evaluation Edition
- SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition
- SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition
- SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
As Microsoft said, “SQL Server 2005 SP3 designed to work with Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008”.