Since I’m working with WCF Data Services as my project’s data source, I’ve experienced some cons in WCF data services and going to share with you now. I hope Microsoft find a solution for these:
- Some of lambda expressions don’t work on WCF Data Services. I want to list a few of these. (In some cases, lambda expressions can be replaced with old style LINQ but I prefer to use lambda):
- Single() – as I mentioned in my previous post.
- Right now I found a web page that contains the list of unsupported LINQ expressions in WCF data services.
- Sub-queries are not supported in WCF data services.
- Debugging in WCF data services is such a pain in the neck.
- Application security. Implementing role based security in WCF data services is very difficult as I’m currently planning to implement a role based security in my application.
Maybe there are solutions for any of the items above but I don’t know about them. If you really know, update this post by sending comments.