As you may know, I had an iPad 2 for about a year and half until this tweet. Yes I gave my iPad 2 to my sister and bought a new one but this time an iPad mini. There’s no doubt it’s always a pleasure to work with Apple products because of their goodness but in this post I’m going to tell you about the differences between an iPad mini and a normal iPad from my point of view.
The most obvious difference between these two great products is the screen size. The iPad has a 9.7” display while iPad mini has a 7.9”. From my perspective, this is not a big difference! When you work with an iPad mini, you won’t realize the screen size at all! “It’s small enough to hold it with one hand but it’s large enough to see all of your contents just like before” Apple vice president said. You will miss the iPad’s large display when you want to type a letter. You can’t type with an iPad mini just like you do on your computer while the iPad has this capability. I believe, this is the only advantage of iPad! I think the iPad mini has more advantages in comparison with iPad. Here’s the list of iPad mini’s pros:
- You can hold iPad mini with one hand! (Believe me this is a very big deal)
- The weigh of iPad mini is much lighter than iPad. I’m not sure but think it’s about %50 lighter which is so good. It won’t bother you when want to work with it for a long time.
- It’s much thinner! I couldn’t believe it when I hold it for the first time. It’s only 7.2 millimeters.
- The display quality is much better than iPad 2 but not as good as the 3rd and 4th generations. The screen resolution is as same as iPad 2 which is 1024*768.
- Because the resolution is as same as iPad 2, you don’t have to wait for new version of apps to come out. All apps that are working on iPad 2 will work on iPad mini.
- The price is much cheaper than iPad.
- It has everything a 4th generation has except the processor. The 4th generation iPad has an A6X processor while the iPad mini has an A5.
The iPad is a great product; everybody knows that no matter which version you’re using. I believe my iPad 2 is still good but I think it was the time for me to change it. The iPad mini has all the features a normal iPad but in a little smaller size and a little slower processor. I believe the processor is not a problem and you won’t realize it at all if you’re not playing “hardcore games”. I’m very satisfied with my iPad mini and I’m pretty sure you will be too. I hope this review helps you choose the right version of iPad 🙂