My name is Mohammad Mahdi Ramezanpour; a 28 years old software developer from Iran.
I started developing applications since the age of 13 with Qbasic on MS DOS 6.22. After less than a year, I introduced to VB 6 on Microsoft Windows and developed my first GUI application. Two years after that, started to develop web-based applications using classic ASP version 3.
When .NET framework introduced by Microsoft, I migrated most of my projects to .NET, started coding with C# and continued working with this language until now.
Since most applications are database-driven, having strong database skills were essential. Consequently, I started to work with SQL databases simultaneously. Currently, my projects are using Sqlite, MySQL and SQL Server while some of them using NoSQL databases.
In 2010, while was developing with C# at work, migrated to Linux at home and started to learn its internals. At the same time, I got familiar with C/C++ programming languages and felt in love with them and developed a few applications using Qt framework.
In 2012, I bought an MD-101 MacBook Pro and developed my first-ever smartphone application using Objective-C and C++. Also developed couple of Mac applications using both Objective-C and C++ (with Qt).
Nowadays, my main focus is on Linux, C and C++ while having some sort of fun with Python as well.
Hardware I am using
I have two laptops:
- A customized HP g6-2306se with a Core-i7 processor, 16 GB of memory and 256 GB of SSD storage attached to an Ultra-wide LG 25” monitor and running Fedora Linux.
- A customized MD-101 MacBook Pro with a Core-i5 processor, 8 GB of memory and 256 GB of SSD storage and running MacOS.
Software I am using
- Firefox for browsing the web
- VIM as my primary text editor for coding.
- Codelite when debugging with gdb becomes a pain in the neck
- Visual Studio for C# development at work.
- Calibre to organize my e-books.
- Gedit as a text editor outside the terminal.
- LibreOffice for creating docs, sheets and presentations.
- VLC for watching videos.
- Cmus for listening to music.
- GNOME as my window manager.
- Fedora as my primary operating system.
To contact me, please send your emails to (i @ ramezanpour . net). I also have a Twitter account as well: http://twitter.com/ramezanpour
Thanks for visiting my blog 🙂